Our group is looking for an Orthopedic Surgeon to join the team in a remote setting. This position is a part time supplimental income position and can be done from the comfort of your home.
You can be licensed in any state as long as the license is in good standing and your are BC. Hours will be around 10 a week or possibly more if you are looking for more. Pay is $150 an hour.
Your role as a Clinical Peer Reviewer will be to:
– Review the documents from the requesting physician. These will have been summarized for you by an Initial Clinical Reviewer, but the full documents are also available.
– Review evidence based guidelines and/or scientific medical literature relating to the requested treatment. This information is gathered for you by the Initial Reviewer, but you have the opportunity to retain, amend, or replace them as you deem necessary.
– Review the draft of the determination of medical necessity that has been prepared by an Initial Reviewer. You will then determine if it is appropriate for the patient or make revisions as necessary, based on your clinical judgment.
– Often, we will ask you to conduct a peer-to-phone call to the requesting provider at your convenience. Typically, the purpose of these calls will be to relay information about the patient’s history that may not be included in the documentation or to clarify our process.
We have found that successful candidates traditionally share several characteristics:
– Since all work is done via the web, a fast internet connection, good language and computer skills are necessary
– A dedication to learning, including an ability to self-teach
– A precise attention to detail
– Solid clinical judgment